bath when touring Europe?
David Smith
2008-08-19 00:18:24 UTC
We have just enjoyed 3 weeks touring Germany and France. I am trying to
encourage her to go for longer but it would help if she could take a
bath every so often rather than a shower. We predominantly stay on
Stellplatz, Aires or wild camp but will visit campsites as and when
required. Has anybody any suggestions if any places are likely to have
baths whilst touring Europe (Spain, France, Germany etc)?

Thanks in advance for any help - as well as the shining wit that is
bound to be offered - LOL.

Dave
RustY ©
2008-08-19 08:38:34 UTC
Post by David Smith
Has anybody any suggestions if any places are likely to have
baths whilst touring Europe..............
Best bet is to take your own. A large plastic bowl, basket or container
[depending on the size of Mrs Smith] on the roof rack and a metal bucket to
heat the water from your gas is all that you need. We have a propane blower
on legs that the bucket sits on and soon heats up the water warm enough for
a warm summer evening.
Hilary
2008-08-20 02:11:50 UTC
Post by David Smith
We have just enjoyed 3 weeks touring Germany and France. I am trying to
encourage her to go for longer but it would help if she could take a bath
every so often rather than a shower. We predominantly stay on Stellplatz,
Aires or wild camp but will visit campsites as and when required. Has
anybody any suggestions if any places are likely to have baths whilst
touring Europe (Spain, France, Germany etc)?
Thanks in advance for any help - as well as the shining wit that is bound
to be offered - LOL.
How deep is your shower tray? Ours is only about 5" but I still managed to
have a good soak (with the aid of a sponge + a plug) when I got wet and
chilled on one particularly wet tour.

Ive just seen this deeper kids pool (googled)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004YTIP/allkids

You might be able to make do with something like that. Seems quite cheap
and wouldn't take up much room once deflated. I'm thinking if you found a
slightly smaller one but the same depth you could probably inflate it in the
shower room, and as it would sink down into the shower tray in the middle
you'd gain another few inches depth. Dont know if it would be OK with hot
water, but at that price its worth a try.

I saw a couple of oblong ones from that site but I'm not sure if your wife
would cope with Thomas the Tank engine !!!! lol!!!

:o)
David Smith
2008-08-26 21:52:26 UTC
Post by David Smith
We have just enjoyed 3 weeks touring Germany and France. I am trying to
encourage her to go for longer but it would help if she could take a
bath every so often rather than a shower. We predominantly stay on
Stellplatz, Aires or wild camp but will visit campsites as and when
required. Has anybody any suggestions if any places are likely to have
baths whilst touring Europe (Spain, France, Germany etc)?
Thanks in advance for any help - as well as the shining wit that is
bound to be offered - LOL.
Dave
Thanks for the novel suggestions folks - I'll go and measure Mrs S's
legs to see what she will fit in!

Dave
Hilary
2008-08-27 02:02:54 UTC
Thanks for the novel suggestions folks - I'll go and measure Mrs S's legs
to see what she will fit in!
Dave
LOL!!!

One of the shopping channels has been plugging an inflatible jacuzzi for
£300+. I was sorely tempted, I think it would just fit under our awning.
I'm not sure if the CC wardens would be too happy when we filled it up and
emptied it though.

:o)